Natural things of the world – how they are a pattern to us to show us spiritual things
1 Cor 15
45. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
Speaking beyond Adam and refers to other patterns in the rest of scripture like this.
God’s promise to Noah – the rainbows
There is purpose to the creation
11. Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
Yahweh is not a God of wastefulness.
Consider the water cycle.
The earth as it is now has a fixed amount of water..
Evaporate – atmosphere – condense – clouds – rain – returns the water to the land and oceans
4. One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
5. The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.
6. The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.
7. All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.
6. It is he that buildeth his stories in the heaven, and hath founded his troop in the earth; he that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name.
God calls the waters and pours them
Water cycle is the foundation of life and forms elements of our spiritual lives
Cloud of witnesses (righteous people)
Mat 24 – Son of Man coming in clouds
Descend through the clouds – 2nd coming
1 Thes 4
16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Resurrection – another mention of the cloud.
Evaporation of these faithful people – Heb 12 link.
Clouds made up of many parts
Eph 4 – the body made from many parts
2. For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
pattern of oceans being a pattern of the people and nations
Many nations represented by the oceans.
The Sun is required to keep the water process going.
What is the Sun represented by, God and his Son.
11. For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
2. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
Vision of Jesus
What he is like…
14. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
In Mat 17 – Jesus’ face is described as shining like the Sun.
Yahweh described as light
1 Peter 2
9. But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
Thinking about evaporating process. The people have to be in the light, not in the darkness.
Mat Foster added the passages talking about short nature of vapour – but in 1 Thess 4 – when we are gathered, it will be for ever with the Lord.